Bell tent & Pre-pitched Terms and Conditions
Thank you for choosing Hill Farm Glamping - We appreciate you taking the time to read through our Terms and Conditions before booking your bell tent or pre-pitched tent.
When the following words are used in these Terms and Conditions, this is what they will mean:
- "Hill Farm Glamping", Hill Farm Campsite", "Hill Farm Camping", “We”, “Us”, “Our”, "Campsite": Hill Farm Camping, Glamping & Caravan Site, Chivery, Nr.Tring, Herts, HP23 6LD.
- “You", "Your", "Guests": The person booking, where you are booking on behalf of other people, this includes all members of your group. You are responsible for sharing these Terms and Conditions and ensuring all members of your group are fully aware of these Terms and Conditions.
- “Booking”: a booking request submitted to us via Hill Farm Campsite website (www.hillfarmcampsite.co.uk), email, phone, post or in person.
You are responsible for reading and acknowledging the Terms and Conditions each time you submit a booking request, and any such request shall signify that you have accepted the Terms and Conditions. Where you are booking on behalf of other members of a group, you are responsible for sharing the Hill Farm Glamping Terms and Conditions and ensuring all members of the group are fully aware of these Terms and Conditions.
Hill Farm Glamping reserves the right to change this website, including prices, and Terms and Conditions, without notice.
Hill Farm Glamping reserves the right to refuse entry to the campsite, cancel bookings, or instruct you to leave the campsite, for reasons including:
- inappropriate, violent or aggressive behaviour (Some - or all - of your deposit will be withheld to cover the costs of any inappropriate, violent or aggressive behaviour);
- inclement weather; and/or
- site conditions.
Hill Farm Glamping:
- will not be held responsible for loss or damage to you and/or members of your group's property, by fire, theft or weather.
- will not be held responsible for any damage, injury or inconvenience caused by weather, insects, wildlife, plants and/or trees.
- will not be held responsible for injury to you or members of your group whilst on the campsite.
- will accept no responsibility whatsoever for damage, loss or theft of items belonging to you and/or the members of your group during the stay at the campsite. You and members of your group are entirely responsible for your own property.
- If you want to party, unfortunately, Hill Farm Glamping is not for you! We love chatting and laughter but at 22:30 we ask you to be considerate to other guests at the site. At 23:00 the campsite must be totally quiet. Quiet time is between 23:00 and 08:00. Any disturbances between these hours is considered inappropriate behaviour.
- If Hill Farm Glamping management receive reports of inappropriate behaviour, use of bad language, excessive alcohol consumption or recreational drug use, this will result in immediate termination of your stay, without refund. Your deposit will be withheld to cover the costs of any inappropriate behaviour.
- Hill Farm Glamping reserves the right to cancel or terminate your stay without consultation, compensation and with immediate effect, if you and/or any members of your group acts inappropriately towards other Hill Farm Glamping guests, staff, or any property belonging to Hill Farm Glamping or any guests. Your deposit will be withheld to cover the costs of any inappropriate behaviour.
- The number of guests staying overnight must not exceed the number agreed when booking.
- You must ensure children in your group are supervised at all times.
- We only accept group family bookings and groups with a maximum of 6 adults. (sorry no hen or stag parties)
- Prior approval from Hill Farm Glamping is necessary if additional guests are visiting you and/or members of your group, whilst on the campsite. It is considered inappropriate behaviour not to gain such approval.
- At least one member of your group must be twenty-one (21) years or over.
- Pets are not permitted - under any circumstances - in the bell tents or pre-pitched tents. If you have a guide dog, please contact Hill Farm Glamping.
- You agree to look after the bell tents, pre-pitched tents and the campsite. This means you must keep all furniture, fittings and effects (inside or outside), in the same state of repair and condition as at the start of your booking.
- Hill Farm Glamping provides refuse bins on the campsite for your use. The use is limited to consumable items such as food and drink, and their packaging. Some - or all - of your deposit will be withheld to cover the costs of any inappropriate rubbish disposal, such as broken camping equipment (chairs, tents, mattresses, gazebos etc.).
- You agree to appreciate the campsite and the beautiful surroundings by leaving the bell tent, pre-pitched tent and campsite clean and tidy. Some - or all - of your deposit will be withheld to cover the costs of any excessive cleaning required as a result of your stay.
- Bell tents: You are required to pay a refundable deposit of £150 to cover costs associated within any damage and/or breakages. The full deposit is refunded within 3 days if no damages and/or breakages have occurred.
- Bell tents: Arrival times are between 15:00 and 20:00, unless otherwise agreed with Hill Farm Glamping. Bell tents must be vacated by 10:00 on the day of departure, unless otherwise agreed with Hill Farm Glamping.
- Bell tents: Extra parking is available between 10am to 3pm. It must be booked and paid for in advance, unless otherwise agreed with Hill Farm Glamping. You must leave the bell tent at 10:00 and move your cars into the parking bay. If your vehicles are left on the campsite after the agreed time, a £25 payment will be taken from your deposit.
- Pre-pitched tents: Arrival times are between 14:00 and 20:00, unless otherwise agreed with Hill Farm Glamping. Pre-pitched tents must be vacated by 11:00 on the day of departure, unless otherwise agreed with Hill Farm Glamping.
- Pre-pitched tents: You are required to pay a refundable deposit of £50/100 to cover costs associated within any damage and/or breakages. The full deposit is refunded within 3 days if no damages and/or breakages have occurred.
- Please let Hill Farm Glamping know if you are likely to arrive late. If you do not contact Hill Farm Glamping in advance, and you have not arrived by noon on the day of arrival, Hill Farm Glamping will treat your booking as a 'no-show' and you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Smoking is not permitted in the bell tents or pre-pitched tents.
- Cooking within the bell tents or pre-pitched tents is not permitted.
- Hill Farm Glamping reserves the right to close the campsite in inclement weather conditions.
- We recommend that you check weather forecasts and arrive prepared with suitable clothing and footwear.
- BBQs and fires must be supervised by an adult at all times and fires must be fully extinguished after use.
- Only certified firewood, charcoal or briquettes may be burned on site. Do not dispose of ash or embers in hedgerows or waste bins.
- BBQ and fire pits must be at least 30cm off the ground to avoid scorching the grass. A £20 payment will be taken from your deposit if the grass is burnt.
- Ensure you park your car at least 3 metres away from BBQs and fire pits to reduce the risk of fire spreading.
- The use of gas cookers or gas heaters is not permitted within bell tents or pre-pitched tents.
- Candles or any other form of naked flames are not permitted within bell tents or pre-pitched tents.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your gas appliances are fit for purpose, safe and in good working order.
- A fire bucket with sand can be found by the water tap in the tent paddock.
- A fire bucket with sand can be found behind the bell tent. A fire extinguisher and blanket are kept in the bell tent under the bed.
- The use of generators is not permitted.
- Please be aware that overhead power lines run in the field next to the Caravan paddock. Do not fly kites or drones.
- Be aware of tent pegs and guy ropes, we do not want you tripping over!
- Pre-pitched tents:Hill Farm Glamping is responsible for the safety of the electrics up to the extension lead provided within the tent. It is your responsibility to ensure that the electrical equipment connected to the extension lead is safe to use.
- Pre-pitched tents: Hill Farm Glamping will not accept responsibility for any accident or loss arising from the use of unsuitable or unsafe electrical equipment connected to the extension lead.
- The use of the Hill Farm Glamping electricity to supply is limited to camping equipment only.
- Bookings are made via the booking form on the Hill Farm campsite website (www.hillfarmcampsite.co.uk). If you make a phone enquiry, you are still required to complete the booking form.
- You will receive a booking confirmation email on the same day. If you have not received the confirmation email, please check your junk and spam folders.
- Please ensure that all booking details are correct within the email and get in touch if there's a problem.
- The full payment including the deposit is due 28 days prior to your arrival. If the payment is not received in this time, Hill Farm Glamping reserves the right to cancel the booking.
- By making a booking, you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions, and agree that at least one member of your booking is aged 21 or over, and you agree to be responsible for any damage or loss caused by any member of your group.
- Group bookings: The refundable deposit of £100 is to cover costs associated with any disturbances to other guests and we ask you to take all your rubbish away with you. The full deposit is refunded within 3 days.
All cancellations must be confirmed by email and sent to email@example.com as soon as possible. Depending on the date we receive your cancellation email, the following charges are applied:
- 28 days or more before arrival – full payment and your deposit will be returned.
- 15 – 27 days before the arrival date, a 50% refund will be given, your deposit will be returned.
- 14 days to day of arrival – no refund will be given, your deposit will be returned.
- If you book via a third-party organisation and not directly via Hill Farm campsite website (www.hillfarmcampsite.co.uk) they may have additional Terms and Conditions related to your booking. Please make yourself aware of these at the time of booking, as they are in addition to our policy regarding cancellation. We are only able to refund the portion of the booking fee we receive from the third-party organisation and are not responsible for refunding any of their fees, commissions or charges.
COVID-19 CANCELLATION TERMS
You will not lose your money if the lockdown continues or restarts in the future. If Hill Farm Glamping has to close due to government restrictions associated with COVID-19, Hill Farm Glamping will move your booking to a date within the following 18 months or offer a full refund and deposit.
If you need to cancel your booking due to self-isolating with COVID-19 symptoms, Hill Farm Glamping will move your booking to a date within the following 18 months.
During your stay, members of staff may take non-intrusive promotional photographs for our website and social media. We never reveal the names of guests. If you do NOT want members of your group to be displayed on any Hill Farm Glamping promotional material, please tell us.
Hill Farm Glamping does not share any details provided with any other group. We may occasionally use the information provided to contact you direct regarding your booking or with special offers/news. If you would NOT like to receive these special offers/news from Hill Farm Glamping, please let us know.
WE SUPPORT THE COUNTRYSIDE CODE and ask all our guests to do the same...
- Respect other people
- Consider the local community and other people enjoying the outdoors
- Leave gates and property as you find them and follow paths
- Protect the natural environment
- Leave no trace of your visit and take your litter home
- Keep dogs under control
- Enjoy the outdoors
- Plan ahead and be prepared
- Follow advice and local signs
In the event of a complaint, please tell us during your stay or email firstname.lastname@example.org