Hill Farm Campsite Terms and Conditions
Thank you for choosing Hill Farm Campsite - We appreciate you taking the time to read through our Terms and Conditions before booking your pitch.
When the following words are used in these Terms and Conditions, this is what they will mean:
- "Hill Farm Campsite", Hill Farm Glamping", "Hill Farm Camping", “We”, “Us”, “Our”, "Campsite": Hill Farm Camping, Glamping & Caravan Site, Chivery, Nr.Tring, Herts, HP23 6LD.
- “You", "Your", "Guests": The person booking, where you are booking on behalf of other people, this includes all members of your group. You are responsible for sharing these Terms and Conditions and ensuring all members of your group are fully aware of these Terms and Conditions.
- “Booking”: a booking request submitted to us via Hill Farm Campsite website (www.hillfarmcampsite.co.uk), email, phone, post or in person.
You are responsible for reading and acknowledging the Terms and Conditions each time you submit a booking request, and any such request shall signify that you have accepted the Terms and Conditions. Where you are booking on behalf of other members of a group, you are responsible for sharing the Hill Farm Campsite Terms and Conditions and ensuring all members of the group are fully aware of these Terms and Conditions.
Hill Farm Campsite reserves the right to change this website, including prices, and Terms and Conditions, without notice.
Hill Farm Campsite reserves the right to refuse entry to the campsite, cancel bookings, or instruct you to leave the campsite, for reasons including:
- inappropriate, violent or aggressive behaviour
- inclement weather; and/or
- site conditions.
Hill Farm Campsite:
- will not be held responsible for loss or damage to you and/or members of your group's property, by fire, theft or weather.
- will not be held responsible for any damage, injury or inconvenience caused by weather, insects, wildlife, plants and/or trees.
- will not be held responsible for injury to you or members of your group whilst on the campsite.
- will accept no responsibility whatsoever for damage, loss or theft of items belonging to you and/or the members of your group during the stay at the campsite. You and members of your group are entirely responsible for your own property.
- If you want to party, unfortunately, Hill Farm Campsite is not for you! We love chatting and laughter but at 22:30 we ask you to be considerate to other guests at the site. At 23:00 the campsite must be totally quiet. Quiet time is between 23:00 and 08:00. Any disturbances between these hours is considered inappropriate behaviour.
- If Hill Farm Campsite management receive reports of inappropriate behaviour, use of bad language, excessive alcohol consumption or recreational drug use, this will result in immediate termination of your stay, without refund.
- Hill Farm Campsite reserves the right to cancel or terminate your stay without consultation, compensation and with immediate effect, if you and/or any members of your group acts inappropriately towards other Hill Farm Campsite guests, staff, or any property belonging to Hill Farm Campsite or any guests.
- We only accept group family bookings and groups with a maximum of 6 adults. (sorry no hen or stag parties)
- Arrival times are between 14:00 and 20:00, unless otherwise agreed with Hill Farm Campsite.
- Vacated the campsite by 11:00 on the day of departure, unless otherwise agreed with Hill Farm Campsite.
- Please let Hill Farm Campsite know if you are likely to arrive late. If you do not contact Hill Farm Campsite in advance, and you have not arrived by noon on the day of arrival, Hill Farm Campsite will treat your booking as a 'no-show' and you will not be entitled to a refund.
- You must ensure children in your group are supervised at all times.
- The number of guests staying overnight must not exceed the number agreed when booking.
- Prior approval from Hill Farm Campsite is necessary if additional guests are visiting you and/or members of your group, whilst on the campsite. It is considered inappropriate behaviour not to gain such approval.
- At least one member of your group must be twenty-one (21) years or over.
- Dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead at all times and please clean up after your dog, promptly.
- Hill Farm Campsite provides refuse bins on the campsite for your use. The use is limited to consumable items such as food and drink, and their packaging. Do not dispose of camping equipment (chairs, tents, mattresses, gazebos etc.)
- You agree to appreciate the campsite and the beautiful surroundings by leaving the campsite and facilities clean and tidy.
- Hill Farm Campsite reserves the right to close the campsite in inclement weather conditions.
- We recommend that you check weather forecasts and arrive prepared with suitable clothing and footwear.
- BBQs and fires must be supervised by an adult at all times and fires must be fully extinguished after use.
- Only certified firewood, charcoal or briquettes may be burned on site. Do not dispose of ash or embers in hedgerows or waste bins.
- BBQ and fire pits must be at least 30cm off the ground to avoid scorching the grass. An extra payment of £20 maybe requested if the grass is burnt.
- Ensure you park your car at least 3 metres away from BBQs and fire pits to reduce the risk of fire spreading.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your gas appliances are fit for purpose, safe and in good working order.
- A fire bucket with sand can be found by the water tap in the tent paddock.
- The use of generators is not permitted.
- Please be aware that overhead power lines run in the field next to the Caravan paddock. Do not fly kites or drones.
- Be aware of tent pegs and guy ropes, we do not want you tripping over!
- The use of the Hill Farm Campsite electricity to supply is limited to camping equipment only.
- Bookings are made via the booking form on the Hill Farm campsite website (www.hillfarmcampsite.co.uk). If you make a phone enquiry, you are still required to complete the booking form.
- You will receive a booking confirmation email on the same day. If you have not received the confirmation email, please check your junk and spam folders.
- Please ensure that all booking details are correct within the email and get in touch if there's a problem.
- By making a booking, you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions, and agree that at least one member of your booking is aged 21 or over, and you agree to be responsible for any damage or loss caused by any member of your group.
- The full payment can be made via Bank Transfer (BACs) or cash on arrival.
- Group bookings: The refundable deposit of £50/100 is to cover costs associated with any disturbances to other guests and we ask you to take all your rubbish away with you. The full deposit is refunded within 3 days.
All cancellations must be confirmed by email and sent to email@example.com as soon as possible. Depending on the date we receive your cancellation email, the following charges are applied:
- 28 days or more before arrival – all monies will be refunded.
- 15 – 27 days before the arrival date, a 50% refund will be given.
- 14 days to day of arrival – no refund will be given.
During your stay, members of staff may take non-intrusive promotional photographs for our website and social media. We never reveal the names of guests. If you do NOT want members of your group to be displayed on any Hill Farm Campsite promotional material, please tell us.
Hill Farm Campsite does not share any details provided with any other group. We may occasionally use the information provided to contact you direct regarding your booking or with special offers/news. If you would NOT like to receive these special offers/news from Hill Farm Campsite, please let us know.
WE SUPPORT THE COUNTRYSIDE CODE and ask all our guests to do the same...
- Respect other people
- Consider the local community and other people enjoying the outdoors
- Leave gates and property as you find them and follow paths
- Protect the natural environment
- Leave no trace of your visit and take your litter home
- Keep dogs under control
- Enjoy the outdoors
- Plan ahead and be prepared
- Follow advice and local signs
In the event of a complaint, please tell us during your stay or email firstname.lastname@example.org